Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Saraswati Puja

I woke up at 7:30 and by 8:00 we began giving thanks to her.

Saraswait comes from "saras" (flow) and "wati" (woman). She is the goddess of creativity and knowledge, and all of this is said to flow from her like a river. I will admit to playing favorites with the goddesses I have learned about so far, and she is it. She represents many values I hold dear and has a strong connection to water (which my Pisces self does as well). The balian I saw in Indonesia told me that over and over again when she was speaking with me, a vision of Saraswati came to her. How lucky I am that I was here on the day to celebrate her. That I could wake up and, still pajama clad, go into the next room to see this:




Sometimes I cannot believe what I get to be a part of.

1 comment:

  1. brilliant reporting. what photos. my heart melts. meditator is a pseudonym i had blogging at one time. you know me.
    love
    papu

    ReplyDelete